Sunday 11 December 2011

Harbhajan Singh turns singer


Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh is now trying his hands, aka voice, on singing and has in fact already recorded one Punjabi song. The song is dedicated to 'Mother' and places her status even above god.

The song was recorded by Bhajji in a studio at Ludhiana along with Punjabi singer Lakhwinder Lucky. The song has been penned by lyricist Sanjay Gilori. Incidentally, the spinner has recorded the song when he has been left out of the Indian squad for the ODI series.

"When we recorded the song Bhajji sang the song with ease," said Lucky after recording the song. "Now the video of the song would be prepared in which Bhajji would also feature. The song would be released in May 2012 on Mother's Day," he said.

Lyricist Gilori said that he met Bhajji in Mohali during Ranji Trophy matches and asked him to sing the song. "I always thought that the song was befitting to Bhajji's personality and he would be the suitable one to sing and feature in it," Giolri added. Lucky, who also accompanied Gilori when they met Bhajji, said that he sang the song before Bhajji and he was very impressed with its meanings and it did not take a long time to see a yes from him.

They said that the song was basically prepared with a social message. Lucky said they would prepare an album, which would include this song. Bhajji could not be contacted for comments.

"Maaf Karin mere rabba mainu, bura kite je lagya tenu, Raat dine Dhiaya dil de vich, jag vich mera na chamkaya, menu farsho arsh phunchaya, par ik galti maithon hoi mere dil de vich hai koi baitha taitho uchi than, meri maa, meri, maa, meri maa. (My lord forgive me if you feel bad, I remembered you always. You have given me everything and you lifted me so high in the world, but I have committed a mistake that somebody is still sitting higher in my heart than you - my mother my mother my mother.)

No comments:

Post a Comment