Thursday 8 December 2011

I posed topless, not nude: Veena Malik



After being slammed by Pakistan media and disowned by her father for posing nude on FHM India cover, Pakistani actor-model Veena Malik has put on her defensive mode.

"I admit that I have done a bold shoot, but I was not nude. There is a big difference between topless and being nude. You


will see various shoots here in the Bollywood industry where the actresses actually went topless but they were covered like the way I was," the actor told CNN in an interview.

Malik is very hurt, especially by her father's extreme reaction. "He did not speak to me. He spoke to one of the media groups and like he was (crying), I mean he was too upset ... Okay I mean I don't blame him for that," CNN quoted the reality TV star as saying.

"I am not a perfect Muslim or a perfect person, but I haven't committed a crime, and unfortunately things like this are part and parcel of the industry I work in. I am not bothered about what they think. My fans and many Pakistanis support me and believe (in) me," the news website quoted the actor as saying.

Veena Malik has filed a defamation suit against FHM for "morphing" her image on the cover and has also demanded 100 million rupees.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/HTEditImages/Images/Veena-Malik-FHM.jpgIn return, the Indian magazine has sent her a legal reply threatening to sue her for 250 million rupees. FHM India has categorically denied that her photo had been morphed and said that Malik was the one who had initially pursued the magazine for a shoot.

Controversies are not new to the Pakistani actor. Earlier, she was in news for her relationship with infamous Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Asif, who was found guilty in spot-fixing scandal. She was also criticised for her behaviour in Bigg Boss and link-up with Bollywood actor Ashmit Patel..

No comments:

Post a Comment