Thursday 20 October 2011

John Abraham teams up with Pak band

John Abraham will record a song with Pakistani band Strings for Sanjay Gupta’s Shootout At Wadala. The actor  who is a close friend of Strings’ vocalist Faisal Kapadia and vocalist-guitarist Bilal Maqsood, admits that he’s been talking with the musicians, and has agreed to extend his


on-screen experiments to playback now.

“So far, I have never sung outside the bathroom but I’m confident I’ll pull it off. There’s a strain in my voice that lends itself to a song,” asserts an excited John.

“Pre-production is going to take another three-four months because of the intricacies of research involved, so I don’t see the recording happening before February-March, 2012.”

Faisal points out that the Bollywood star had recorded a monologue for Strings in Gupta’s Zinda (2006) and then co-produced one of their albums, Koi Aanay Wala Hai (2008), featuring in the video of the self-titled single: “Now, he’s going to be finally singing for us, and it should be a lot of fun,” he beams.

Quiz him on what kind of a song it will be, and Faisal says it’s too early to talk about it.

“The genre will depend on whether the song situation is easy or aggressive but given how expressive John is, we’re sure it’ll work either way,” he says, adding that they should have a clear picture by the end of November when the final pre-production meeting is scheduled. “The song will be tailor-made to suit John’s personality and voice.”

John agrees. “I’m quite sure they will definitely use my drawl. And since I dance like an action hero, I guess I’ll sing like one too,” he chuckles.

Faisal however refuses to dismiss John as just another actor-turned-singer: “Once during the launch of a denim brand, he sang three-four songs with us, including ‘Koi aanay wala hai…’, and he was good. May be we can promote Shootout At Wadala with a few concerts and get John back on stage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment