Tuesday 22 September 2009

Madonna wanted to sell candies!


Pop diva Madonna has revealed she wanted to work in a candy store when younger because she was obsessed with sweets.

The 51-year-old singer who now follows a strict diet and exercise regime was so "obsessed" with sweet treats as a teenager that she wanted to get a job selling them, reports contactmusic.com.

"My dream was always to work in a candy store. It was because of my obsession with candy. I'm not obsessed anymore, now that my teeth are all rotten," she said.

"I did go to a university for a year and there was a candy shop that I used to go to all the time, an old-fashioned one where all the candy was in these big glass jars. I used to go in there and look at all the candy and think, 'God, it would be really cool to work in here; I could have candy whenever I wanted'," she added.

Madonna's ambitions changed when she moved to New York in the 1970s and decided she wanted to be a pop star.

"When I moved to the Big Apple, that was when I knew that that's what I was going to do - be a singer and a songwriter and an entertainer," she said.

"I didn't care if I had to starve, and live in a room with five guys, and wash in a sink; that was what I'm going to do. And because I lived a pretty dismal life and I didn't care," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment