Friday 27 April 2012

Ranbir Kapoor to romance Evelyn

The German-Indian model-turned-actor Evelyn Sharma, made her foray into Bollywood opposite actor Pratiek in director Manish Tiwari’s Issaq, which releases in the middle of this year. She will now be seen playing actor Ranbir Kapoor’s love interest in Ayan Mukherjee’s next, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani


(YJHD), which also stars Deepika Padukone, Kalki Koechlin and Aditya Roy Kapur. Evelyn says, “The character I play is very girly and at the start of the movie, Ranbir falls in love with her.” She adds, “I can’t name them, but many actors auditioned for this part and they finally chose me.”



Evelyn has finished shooting a major part of the film by now. “It’s about how a hot girl comes into a guy’s life and he eventually starts taking interest in her. The role is quite interesting and we have song and dance sequences together as well,” she says.

Compared to YJHD, Evelyn has a more intense role in Issaq. Explaining her role in the movie, Evelyn says, “I play a foreigner who comes to Banaras for a visit. It’s like the desi version of Romeo and Juliet. My role is of Roasaline, Romeo’s first love, who breaks his heart. In Issaq my name is Rosa and she doesn’t endorse his (Prateik) ideas of love. Instead, she teaches him what love actually is.”

Ask her if she will be seen doing some bold scenes in either of the films, she says, “I have only one kissing scene with Prateik. But there are no intimate scenes with Ranbir.”

Her modelling career helped Evelyn get many film offers, but she chose to train herself before venturing into B-Town. She says, “I took proper training in acting for four months under director Rahul Rawail. In his academy, they also taught me how to read and write Hindi. I brushed up my diction, as I did not want someone else dubbing for me.” Currently, Evelyn is learning to dance. She will also be seen in From Sydney, With Love, for which she has finished shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment