Thursday 24 November 2011

I’m dating an invisible man: Kangna Ranaut


Kangna Ranaut’s love life is back in the news. On Tuesday, a report raised some suspicion about her alleged ‘mysterious’ boyfriend, UK-based doctor Nicholas Lafferty. It was also suggested that she hasn’t introduced him to anyone, including her closest friends. But Kangna isn’t amused. “Yes, he

is an invisible man. I’m dating an invisible person. And that’s my clarification,” says the miffed actor. So who is ‘Nicholas Lafferty’? “Nicholas is the invisible man. Why can’t he be invisible? It’s good for me because he won’t argue or fight.”

KangnaApparently, Kangna hinted on a TV show that Nicholas is a doctor/scientist, and she has known him for a year-and-half. Also, she met him in India through a common friend. Ask Kangna about it and she laughs: “I don’t remember anything. I am suffering from short-term memory loss, much like Aamir Khan did in Ghajini (2008).”

Ask the actor again if she is dating Nicholas and she says: “Yes, I am dating a very, very mysterious man, and he gets invisible sometimes.” So, does that mean she plans to marry soon? “So that I can have invisible children?” she responds with a laugh. “I am too young to get married, regardless of whether he is visible or invisible. Someday, I have to. But I’m just 24 right now. By 28 or 29, I will tie the knot, no matter whom I get married to.”

To avoid reading unpleasant media reports, Kangna — who is busy with Hrithik Roshan-starrer Krrish 2, Priyadarshan’s Tezzz, Tanu Weds Manu sequel and Dedh Ishqiya — says she doesn’t subscribe to newspapers at home. “I have banned them. Either you can read them, get bothered and explain things to others, or just do your work. How does it matter if a section of the media doesn’t like you?” says the actor, who refuses to take such stories seriously. “Let them write whatever they want. It’s not going to change anything in my life. Even gossip has to have a story. Journalists need to get more creative with their ideas.” ‘Mystery man’, for a boyfriend, is creative enough, coming from the actor herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment