Wednesday 30 September 2009

I watch Akshay and Salman: Big B

After Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), why did you choose to return to the small screen with Bigg Boss season three? Salman, Akshay, yourself - the big screen's big stars are looking at small screen shows. What according to you makes it so viable?

Amitabh Bachchan: These are all personal choices and the Colors channel came to me with the proposal i seem to like what they had in mind and I accepted it and yes its wonderful to see many colleagues of mine whether it is Salman or Akshay or Shah Rukh, all getting into the business. I think creativity is something that should always be challenged and I would assume that they are all looking upon it as a challenge they need to fulfill.

What's so fascinating about Big Boss?

Amitabh Bachchan: Yes, I just felt that it was rather unusual to have 13 people live within a very enclosed area for a period of 3 months and what really would go on in their minds and hearts and their behaviour were they to be put in such strenuous circumstances and it would be interesting to probe each one of them or the ones that got evicted and what it was that ....

Reality shows have come in for a lots of criticism. Should a regulator look into content?

Amitabh Bachchan: Yes, I guess anything that anybody does is always going to be controversial or be criticised. So long as we are within the law of the country within the rules and regulations of the country, I don't see any harm.

Do you watch any other reality shows?

Amitabh Bachchan: I am going to do that a lot now after my own is over. But no, I have been watching a lot of the shows I've watched KBC when I was not doing it I watch Akshay's and I watch Salman's. They are all very interesting and so full of life.

You started off television with KBC. Now to Big Boss, but can TV ever match the thrill of films?

Amitabh Bachchan: I don't think that is really correct, Rajdeep, I think that it is a completely different format. It is a format where your lines are not given to you before hand. It is a format where you are not defying the character, you have to be yourself and of course be able to conduct the show in as smooth and as efficient a manner as possible. In many respects we have regard for people like you because you are doing this all the time and for us its huge labour. But I think that it's very enjoyable to be able to get out of that format of films and to be in front of television and do live. That is wonderful.

If I may ask, how much are you getting paid?

Amitabh Bachchan: You're allowed to ask me But also I am not allowed to tell you.

You've done it all - what next?

Amiabh Bachchan: I wait everyday for some kind of challenge. I hope there is somebody there listening to me and willing to offer me something new. It's always very enthralling to attempt something new something different and as artists who are in the creative field I think we would die if we didn't have something new to do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment